Thursday, September 29, 2005

Rain Rain Rain


Rain, Rain, Rain

It rained all last night and it has rained all day. When I got up this morning I noticed that I had a ‘missed call’ on my cell phone. The number was of the yacht broker who had shown us a Bayfield 29 yesterday. I called and he had just listed another Bayfield 29. I checked with the campground and they said we could have a late checkout so I drove up to North Vancouver in the driving rain to check out this boat. On the way back I was stopped dead on their interstate because of emergency vehicles coming down the road. Luckily the stoppage didn’t last long and I was able to get back to the campground and leave on time.

In order to minimize out driving on major highways, we drove east for a while then south on route 13. We crossed the border without any problems. The US Customs seemed concerned that we didn’t bring any meat into the country while the Canadian Customs had asked us several questions about firearms.

We stopped for the night at the Bellingham RV Park (they have Wi-Fi) so I could take a second look at the Challenger 40 I had briefly seen when were last in Bellingham. A REAL nice boat but out of my price range. By the way, on the way back to the campground I bought another lotto ticket……….

The rain finally slowed and then stopped. We’ll have to dry out the awning in the next day or so.

No comments: